You might be a writer if…
- You can write 80,000 words, but can’t think of a witty phrase when asked to sign a book.
- You’re not sure if you should autograph your name or pen name.
- You’re the one that embarrasses the teacher by pointing out the misspelled word on the poster she hung on the wall. [Inverter, Inventor…same difference. Right?]
- While editing you laugh aloud because, damn that was funny….and then obsess whether anyone else will think it is.
- You have conversations in your head between characters.
- You can remember what a minor character wore in chapter 3, but can’t recall the name of the guy who’s worked in your department for three years.
- You’re more excited when imaginary people introduce themselves to you than when you meet actual people.
- You edit your FB posts.
- Friends have to stop you mid-sentence to figure out if you are talking about a character or real person.
Want to add some? Post in the comment section!