From a recent “Circle of Mom’s Email“:
Expert Q&A of the week
How do you keep stuffed animals under control?
Share Your Expertise
They asked, so I shall espouse my wisdom:
- Start training them early. Treat training is not very effective, seeing as how they don’t eat.*
- Draw the line at letting them sleep in the bed. First it’s a little beenie baby bunny and next thing you know your kid is sleeping on 1/10th of a bed while the animals have commandeered the rest.
- Try crate-training. Nets, bins, and other containers can also work.
- It’s always hard saying good-bye, but sometimes it’s best for everyone.
- Not every animal is a good fit. Sometimes they are happier elsewhere. If they spend all day, every day, lonely and abandoned in a corner, I send them off to a daycare or Goodwill so they find someone, other than Zeke, to play with them.
*If they actively resist, speak in disembodied voices, or try to kill you, seek the help of a professional exorcist.