Is there anyone who does not appreciate the beauty of a field of flowers or the cool shade of a tree? I find a special soothing calm when I tend my garden beds. The miraculous process of new green life from tiny seeds never fails to inspire awe. Sure, I know all about the scientific mechanics of the process, the nifty little setup of chlorophyll to trap photons, excite electrons, and then send that energy into photosynthesis. Impressive, yes, but still I never tire of watching for those first shoots of daffodils and hyacinths in the spring, the paper-whites and tulips that follow and the array of other perennials that slowly wake. The butterflies start visiting and the birds sing for mates. The whole spring season, despite awakening my allergies, makes my soul sing.
Looking for something?
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- Diary of An Accidental Sidekick: Training, cake, and danger
- Diary of an Accidental Sidekick: Meeting my Hero
- Diary of an Accidental Sidekick: Spandex Not Included
- Diary of an Accidental Sidekick: Be careful who you save
- Pages of life
- Writer’s Ramble: Alexander S. Brown
- Yard Trek: Diplomatic Incidents
- Writer’s Ramble: Interview with J.H. Fleming
- Writer’s Ramble: Phillip Duncan on writing horror
- Writer’s Ramble: William Alan Webb
- Yard Trek: A chick in distress
- Writer’s Ramble: Ethan Nahte’
- Lessons on Love
- Writer’s Ramble: Frank Tuttle
- La la la…I can’t hear you!!!
What was that about?advice allergies animals authors Basement Cat blogging books careers cats Celiacs characters chickens childhood children conventions creativity dogs eating education entertainment exercise family fantasy fiction food friends games gardening gluten gluten free health horror humor interview kids life love memories motivation mystery NaNoWriMo news novels parenting pets politics psychology publishing recipes reform relationships romance sarcasm school science science fiction sex ed Sherlock Holmes Siblings sleep society Star Trek Star Trek spoofs stories teens time tweens urban fantasy weather Weekly Writers' Ramble work Writer's Ramble writers writing yard trek